Traduzir para Português

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Soccer season!

I feel bad for basketball, football and baseball fans. I really do. Or at least I try to. I can't imagine having to literally wait an entire year before the season starts again. In the soccer/football world the season starts less than five months after the previous season ended.
Well, the 2013 MLS Soccer season has begun and I was able to kick it off with going to a game at RFK Stadium in DC to see DC United play against Real Salt Lake. While Real Salt Lake did not win, it was fun to see another team and their fans. Some of the visiting fans that I talked to while joking about having to sit next to the enemy, thought it was really cool that I was there. While Real Salt Lake is able to fill up the stadium there still isn't some of fan interaction that some of the older clubs have. *That being said, I am not looking down on RSL, I just think we could organize to match some of the fan groups of other clubs.
For example, before the game the DC supporters groups arranged a pretty cool display of the DC flag.

I thought I was getting decent tickets, but I actually got some of the best tickets I have ever bought for a soccer game. I was only three rows up and right behind the tunnel where the teams come out so I got a great view of a lot of the players. Before the match I joked around with some of my neighbors to remember that "Beer is for drinking and not for throwing at visiting fans. Especially at $10 a beer." That got a few laughs and I had a great time. Some of my new friends even offered to buy me a drink, which I said was very generous but that  I had to decline. 
I love going to soccer games, especially in new venues and being able to support my team at an away game was a great experience. Here is hoping to more adventures in soccer stadiums across the world!







No comments:

Post a Comment