Traduzir para Português

Friday, January 4, 2013

Arrival

My large suitcase is special to me. It's been to Brazil twice, Mexico and now it is my faithful companion to Washington D.C. But after waiting an hour for my bags at Dulles Airport, I was distraught to find zippers ripped off my suitcases. Nothing was missing, so I am assuming it was an accident or caused mechanically. But to see the zippers gone off my loyal friend was not my idea of a good start of an adventure.
  But on to the good news. The Barlow House is amazing. Imagine an Institute, Church Headquarters and the Dorms in one building and that's what you get. The rooms are really nice. Here are some pictures of my room.




The ride to the Barlow House took a little bit longer than it normally would have been because of traffic, but I enjoyed chatting about soccer with a German student who will be at George Washington University for the semester. We enjoyed a good discussion about the pros and cons of Spain's national team.
I checked in, got a tour and now I'm just unpacking and then I'm going to find something to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment