Traduzir para Português

Friday, June 15, 2012

Benito Juarez Airport and Arrival

Hola Muchachos. I am in Recife now, but I thought I would give a quick recap of the flight. I forgot how I am a little bit taller, so I had to get used to having my knees in my face again. We stopped in Mexico City and had a layover there. It was fun to be back in Mexico (I also received another stamp in my Passport) until I realized I had no idea where the terminal was to check in for Tam, our Brazilian airline. With a little bit of trying, we were able to find where it was. Then we ate. I had a great sandwich with a huge helping of some of the best horchata (hope I spelled that right-the milk/rice/cinnamon drink).
                                                          Look at the size of that Horchata!


The exchange rate was so heavily in our favor I almost felt bad.


I slept for maybe twenty minutes. Cramped quarters and crying babies kept most of us up. But, I did get to watch Sherlock Holmes 2, a FIFA documentary and play the trivia game that pitted all the passengers scores throughout the flight (I came third, just behind two other study abroad members).
I was able to watch the sun rise so I tried to take a picture, but even if it didn't turn out great, it was nice to see a Brazilian sun rising again.


But I am here in Recife and loving it. We saw some Elders while we were passing through the city. I felt proud, but relieved that it wasn't me because it is pretty humid. I am staying with the Jones'. Brother Jones is serving as bishop and there was an Elder who returned from Brasilia this week, so it should be fun to see who it is on Sunday.



                              This is the view from the balcony of the house. Yeah, I know.
My plans for this weekend are to catch up on my sleep, poke around the neighborhood (where is my pão de queijo?) and get ready for this next rip roaring Josh Barton adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment