Traduzir para Português

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Representing Real Salt Lake


On my mission I had the opportunity to represent the Savior and His Restored Church. Today I had the opportunity to represent my Major League Soccer Team, Real Salt Lake. We went to the American School of Recife and taught a group of students about American sports. This group are Brazilians from all over the Northeast of Brazil and competed in a competition held by the American Embassy. They all won from their perspective areas, but only so many could go to the United States as part of the prize so this week they are in an English immersion program here, free of charge. I was selected to talk briefly about the development of soccer in the United States, so I mentioned briefly the rapid growth of MLS. It was fun and I wore my Real Salt Lake shirt.

Real Salt Lake playoff game in November with Daniel-the passion still burns in Brazil!
In the afternoon we painted some more. There were some very large holes in the wall so I was able to use my plaster skills and fill the holes and then sand them down to paint over. The work went well so we only have a few more rooms to go.

On the way back home we tried taking the metro instead of the bus to save time waiting for the bus. The metro was great, with air conditioning even, and then we had about a 30 minute walk to our house. The metro passes behind the poorer regions of the city so you have a juxtaposition of the small brick structures against the sleek skyscrapers. It's quite the symbol of the Brazilian economic situation.
I'm excited for 4th of July tomorrow, I love Independence Day! So go read the Declaration of Independence, light off some fireworks and eat some nice cold watermelon! I know I will.  
It's not very clean, but you can get the idea of what I wanted to share

No comments:

Post a Comment